Friday, September 21, 2007

We'll miss you, big guy.


According to Barry Bonds' web site, he will not be returning as a Giant next year.


Granted, we've heard a lot of false things come out of Barry's mouth in the past, but my heart and head is telling me that this isn't a misleading rumor. It's one thing if he makes an offhand comment in a press conference, but it's another if he publishes it on his website.


Many good times have been had in the Barry Era in San Francisco. He was larger than life as I grew up and started paying attention to baseball, and the ride that he gave us in the first couple years of this century were like nothing that has ever happened, and probably won't happen again. As I gather my thoughts about Barry not being a Giant in the coming days I will post a little more on this, but for now, I must say...thank you, Barry. You have given us so many reasons to stay up in the late hours of the night listening to the game on the radio or watching your intimidating presence on TV. You will always be remembered by this fan as the greatest ever.

No comments: