Monday, June 25, 2007

R.I.P., Shooter

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Rod Beck has died at the age of 38. I can't say much about the guy, because he left the Giants as I was starting to pay attention to baseball. I do remember him, though, for his awesome fu-manchu and his flair on the mound. He wasn't always the most dominating of pitchers, but he brought some excitement to the game when he was on the mound, and had some very good years with the Giants, Cubs, Red Sox, and most recently with the Pads. He was definitely one of my favorite Giants when I first became a fan. My lasting memory of him will definitely be his pendulum-rocking arm before he pitched, and the arm-flap after strikeouts, which was greatly overexaggerated by my MLB Playstation game.

1 comment:

Kevin Hayward said...

Yeah, Beck was a great Giant, and I actually remember him pretty well. For some reason, I always nervous when he came into the game. In hindsight, though, I would take him over Blownitez any day.